Grief is a difficult path to walk any time of the year, but during the holiday season, it becomes even more challenging. This week, host Paula Felps sits down with Gina Moffa, a licensed psychotherapist specializing in grief and trauma. Her new book, Moving On Doesn’t Mean Letting Go: A Modern Guide to Navigating Loss, is a travel companion guide to the most difficult journey people will take in their lives. In this episode, Gina talks specifically about how grief is compounded during the holidays and tells us how to navigate it.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to take care of ourselves during the holidays if we are suffering fresh loss.
- How grief manifests itself in our bodies and how we can practice self-care.
- Tips for supporting someone who is experiencing grief during the holidays (and beyond).
Links and Resources
- Website: https://ginamoffa.com/
- Read some of Gina’s articles about managing grief here.
- Learn more about Moving On Doesn’t Mean Letting Go here.
- Download a free chapter of Moving On Doesn’t Mean Letting Go here.
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.