Holidays are the time for gathering with family and that can often be stressful. But having a good strategy in place can help make the season run more smoothly. This week, host Paula Felps talks with Trakida Maldonado, a licensed professional counselor for SonderMind who brings more than a decade of clinical experience to the table. In this episode, Trakida offers actionable advice for navigating common holiday situations with family members, setting boundaries before your holiday gatherings, and how to make the holidays a little bit easier on everyone — no matter what your situation is.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to handle family gatherings when your relationships aren’t going well.
- Managing the expectations of your extended family to make the holidays a positive experience for children.
- Tips for setting boundaries and managing conflict at gatherings.
Links and Resources
- Website: https://www.sondermind.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SonderMind/
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/sonderMind
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sondermind/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sondermind/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSKDPvHeP-30S21iPnQ9Oxw
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@_sondermind
- Read articles about how to protect your mental health during the holidays here.
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.