June is filled with holidays encouraging us to celebrate our pets. In addition to being Adopt a Cat Month and National Microchip Month, it is National Foster a Pet Month. To learn more about how fostering pets can improve your physical and mental well-being, host Paula Felps sits down with Brittany Derrenbacher, a clinical mental health counselor and founder of Luna Bells Moonbows Special Needs Rescue in Louisville, Kentucky. Brittany explains the many benefits of pet fostering for the entire family and offers tips on how to get started.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How fostering pets can improve mental health challenges such as anxiety and depression.
- Creative alternatives to full-time pet fostering.
- How fostering pets can teach children important emotional skills.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: @lunabellsmoonbows
- Instagram: @lunabells_moonbows
- Learn how pets improve your brain health.
- Discover why pets are so good for us — and how to celebrate them.
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.