As we continue celebrating March as the month of happiness, we’re using this time to focus on the theme of unity. This week, thought leader and author Peter Montoya joins host Paula Felps to talk about how to restore civil discourse and promote healing in these challenging — and divided — times. Peter’s latest book, The Second Civil War: A citizen’s guide to healing our fractured nation, looks at the challenges we’re facing as a society and how things like technology and media consumption increase our anxiety. Then he talks about what we can do to promote unity and civility.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why the world feels so divided right now.
- Simple ways to avoid being triggered.
- How to change the conversation to promote civil discourse.
Links and Resources
- Facebook: @PeterMontoyaUnify
- Twitter: @PeterMontoya1
- Instagram: @petermontoyaunify
- Be sure to check out Peter’s new civil media platform here.
Follow along with the transcript here.
Peter’s previous episode: Finding Unity in a Divided World With Peter Montoya