When the pandemic began last year, traditional ways of volunteering and helping others disappeared. This week, host Paula Felps sits down with Shelly Tygielski to learn how this Florida mom and meditation teacher brought people together by creating a pandemic of her own. Shelly came up with a plan to connect people who needed help with people who were eager to give help. Her efforts went viral, kicking off what became known as Pandemic of Love — a global, grassroots, mutual aid organization that, within one year, had matched more than 1.5 million people and had allowed donors to directly give $54 million to those in need.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Where the idea to create the Pandemic of Love came from.
- The profound benefits of helping others in your community.
- How you can be involved in this viral movement.
Links and Resources
- Instagram: @mindfulskatergirl
- Facebook: @shellymeditation
- Twitter: @shellytygielski
- YouTube: @bentleyangel
- LinkedIn: @shellymindfulness
Follow along with the transcript by clicking here.