If there was ever a year that needed a soothing soundtrack, it would be the year that we’re in now. Music has powerful healing properties, and nobody knows that better than this week’s guest. Dr. Sandi Curtis is an internationally trained music therapist who specializes in working with women and children survivors of violence. She helps survivors navigate their way through recovery with help from music, and this week she’s here to talk about how all of us can use music to help us through this challenging year.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why music is such a powerful healing tool.
- What brain entrainment is and why it’s good for your mental health.
- How the music you listen to can change your state.
Links and Resources
- Instagram: @sandicurtismusicheals
- Facebook: @sandi.curtis.12
- Her latest book Music for Women (Survivors of Violence): A Feminist Music Therapy Interactive eBook.