If you’ve ever watched elite athletes and wondered what makes them so different, we’ve got great news for you: Today’s guest can answer that question. What’s even better is that she can tell you how you can apply some of the same winning techniques to your own life.
Annie Vernon is a two-time World Champion, Olympic silver medalist with the Great Britain Rowing Team and a two-time Olympian who has learned that the secret to winning doesn’t just lie in physical prowess, but is just as dependent upon the right mindset. In her book, Mind Games: Determination, Doubt and Lucky Socks: An Insider’s Guide to the Psychology of Elite Athletes, she explores how the way we think changes our outcomes. So, whether your playing field is a boardroom, a classroom or your kid’s playroom, she’s here to tell you how changing your mindset can improve your game.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why training your mind is just as important as physical training.
- Why self-awareness is so important to your mindset.
- How small changes in your mindset can yield huge results.
Links and Resources
- Twitter: @annievernongb
- Instagram: @annievernongb
- Watch her TED talk on how competition can either be a supreme motivator or a crushing demoralized.