If your internal critic and busy schedule keep you from the creative pursuits you enjoy, this interview—and a new book by actress Keiko Agena—are for you. Keiko, best known as Lane Kim on the TV show Gilmore Girls, wrote and illustrated No Mistakes: A Perfect Workbook for Imperfect Artists, for anyone looking to nurture their “wild, wacky” and more spirited side. In No Mistakes, interspersed with coloring pages and her original artwork, Keiko guides you through simple exercises based on one of the founding ideas of improv: Any misstep is an opportunity for growth and creativity.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What most adults get wrong about creativity
- How to dial down your critical inner voice to try new things
- Keiko’s “no mistakes” philosophy and how to apply it to your life
- How to carve out time for creativity
Also in this episode, Science Editor Paula Felps talks to Live Happy CEO Deborah K. Heisz about her new Find the Good blog on livehappy.com.
Links and Resources
- For more go to mskeikoagena.com
- Twitter: @KeikoAgena