The right song lyrics can express exactly what you’re feeling, and they can even help kids open up about what’s happening in their lives. With the Sound It Out campaign, parents and caregivers can support emotional wellness in young people by using songs and lyrics to help kids express their feelings. In this episode, we’re joined by Dr. Regina Miranda, a professor of psychology at Hunter College and one of the advisors for the program, to learn more about it.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What the campaign offers and how it came about.
- How music supports emotional wellness.
- How to use the Conversation Starter Pack to talk with kids about their feelings.
Links and Resources
- Instagram: @sounditouttogether
- Twitter: @soundit_out
- Facebook: @sounditouttogether
- Buy the On a Positive Note notebook.
Follow along with this episode’s transcript by clicking here.