Live Happy’s March/April Issue Encourages All to Be a Part of the Happiness Movement and Make the World A Better Place via #HappyActs
Dallas, TX– March 3, 2015 – Live Happy celebrates the United Nations’ International Day of Happiness (March 20th) with its second annual issue dedicated to this day. As the magazine continues to share its quest of creating and living a happy life, the March/April issue offers features exploring well-being around the world and close to home. It also offers expert advice on habits, staying positive, celebrating at work and celebrating you.
In addition, this issue kicks off Live Happy’s #HappyActs Challenge. With the mission to make the world a happier place, Live Happy is asking people to do the small things that bring a little happiness to the world around them. By sharing these actions online using #HappyActs, others will be encouraged to spread even more joy. You can accept the challenge to do #HappyActs at www.happyacts.org. On March 20th, Live Happy walls will also be set up in cities throughout the country, where residents can post messages and artwork in their local communities.
Dedicated to embracing the spirit of International Day of Happiness, this new issue features articles inspiring happiness in all aspects of life, including tips from celebrities:
- “Good Company”: Tiffani Thiessen, the Cooking Channel’s Dinner at Tiffani’s host who starred in White Collar, Saved by the Bell, and Beverly Hills 90210, shares her tips on how to host a happy, stress-free and flavorful dinner party.
- “Balancing a Full House”: Candace Cameron Bure, a recent Dancing with the Stars contestant and former star of Full House, discusses how she finds a happy medium in all aspects of her life —as a wife, mother and actress—by staying focused on core family values through a balanced priority system.
- “The Happiest Place on Earth”: Home experts offer health and design tips on how to create joyful spaces that promote healing, togetherness and peace. Ideas include how to make one’s home a sanctuary, how to invest in a more sustainable home, as well as unhealthy house remedies from Travis Stork, M.D., co-host of the syndicated talk show The Doctors.
- “Happiness Around the World”: People from six countries tell where they found happiness and reveal how the quest to thrive goes beyond age, country, belief, and circumstance.
- “Can Positivity Save the Planet?”: Psychologists explain how positivity—specifically the connection between sustainability and happiness—shifts focus from consumption to shared experiences, helping to preserve the planet for future generations.
“For the second year in a row, Live Happy’s March/April issue is dedicated to the International Day of Happiness, which perfectly aligns with the magazine’s mission to inspire all to be happy, but also to pass it on!” says Deborah K. Heisz, Live Happy’s co-founder and editorial director. “Spring is the season of renewal, so it is the perfect time of year to fill life with meaning and purpose by celebrating moments big and small to make the word a happier place—for yourself, family and friends and the world in general.”
This issue of Live Happy also celebrates the start of spring and Earth Day with suggestions for ways to make life greener. You’ll find “Go Green” goods that will make both people and the planet happy, information on the mental and physical benefits of gardens, parks and even backyards, as well as tips to lift your spirit as the weather warms.
Live Happy is available on major newsstands, and a digital edition is available from the App Store and on Google Play. Current Live Happy subscribers receive complimentary access on their tablet devices. Separate digital subscriptions are available for $9.99 at livehappy.com. For more information on the #HappyActs Challenge, to post online or find a local wall location, please visit www.happyacts.org.
# # #
About Live Happy
Live Happy LLC, owned by veteran entrepreneur Jeff Olson, is a company dedicated to promoting and sharing authentic happiness through education, integrity, gratitude and community awareness. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, its mission is to impact the world by bringing the happiness movement to a personal level and inspiring people to engage in purpose-driven, healthy, meaningful lives.